Hyde Lads' Club commenced on 5th October 1928, utilising two rooms in Hyde Town Hall. The Club's founder was the Chief Constable of Hyde, J W A Danby.
In 1930, Hyde Lads Club moved to new premises in Beeley Street after becoming too popular for their old site in the Town Hall and then the Wesleyan Church. Here they remained until the building was demolished c1993, and the Club wound up. This building included a gymnasium, assembly room, games rooms, library, reading room and lecture rooms. The new Club was declared open by the Duke of Gloucester on 6 February 1930.
Hyde Lads Club stood on Beeley Street.
The Club's ethos was to provide a safe and "sound" outlet for the energies of the young men of the Borough. The Club ran football teams, physical training, boxing and games such as ping pong and bagatelle.
Hyde Lads Club giving a gymnastics display.