There were at opening, 11 scholars and 15 teachers; Mr. Thomas Rowbotham was superintendent, and Mr. Joseph Mycock ,the secretary .
The number of scholars increased weekly until five rooms were filled, and by August land was acquired for the purpose of building a new school and chapel;
The new chapel on Stockport Road Hyde was opened on the third Sunday in November 1847. The cost being £1,550. The building consisted of two storeys, the upper potion being the chapel, and the lower one which was used for the school.
Both school and chapel were enlarged in 1859. In 1864 the breach with Union Street was healed. The large school in Peel Street was opened on April 15th 1899 by Mrs. Thomas Brownson