The eight members were :
- Acting Sergeant Smith, who had put in eight years’ police service, and who had two brothers serving with the colours.
- Constable Wood, no less than 14 years’ police service, but in spite of this fact insisted on going.
- Constable Allen, three years’ police service.
- Constable Lilley, who had five brothers gone.
- Constable Lambert, who in the words of the Chief Constable, “thought his family ought to be represented.”
- Constable Dickenson, who was “in a similar position.”
- Constable Bradbury, who had two brothers gone.
- Constable Butler, who had one brother gone