The grounds were first opened as a public park on 29th July 1922 before the house was converted into the maternity hospital.
In 1932, the fee for a 16-day stay and delivery at the home cost the family a staggering £4 and 10 shillings !
Sadly, the building was demolished in 1987 and the land was sold to make room for private housing.
These wonderful photos were donated by Nick Clarke who was one of the lucky people who can proudly call the Aspland their place of birth.
Thanks very much for sharing, Nick :)