A view taken across the fields towards Werneth Low.
Note the Cenotaph is missing which makes it pre 1921 !!.
Also, note the path leading down to the old Isolation Hospital.
The same path now leads down to Alder Community High School.
The name "HYDE" is derived from the hide, a measure of land for taxation purposes, taken to be that area of land necessary to support a peasant family. In later times it was taken to be equivalent to 120 acres .
The HYDE CHESHIRE BLOG is back
It will be updated at least once a week so please keep viewing and commenting.