HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Friday 8 November 2013

Market Street - Long Lost Shops

Whilst supermarket shopping is good  because everything is under one roof, I do still miss the old days of going to lots of different shops on a Saturday, with my Mum, to get the shopping .


Woods was a very popular shop.

I think this is circa late 70's to early 80's.
Please feel free to correct me me I'm wrong.


Thanks to Diane for sending the photo to me.

Much appreciated.

4 comments:

Millie said...

Most of these are modern shops, I remember the Maypole, Duckworths, Redmands, MacFisheries, Hopkinson, Brownsons,that's old Hyde.

Anonymous said...

I think that you'll find Brownsons was covered ages ago and there are photos of Redmonds & Cec.Duckworths on the blog already..
This appears to be a blog aimed at all ages so some that are long lost to the younger generation aren't particularly ancient to you.
Its good to see all photos of Hyde anyway.
ps 35 years seems ages ago to me.

Trevor Horn

Mike Rawlinson said...

I expect for the brain dead 35 minutes seems ages ago too.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know.
Would you ?

Trevor