HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Friday 22 November 2013

Paintings by Local Artists

When I showed the drawing of Vulcan Street by Trevor Grimshaw recently one of the comments on the post mentioned the Abbey Gallery at the top end of Market Street near the Dowson Road junction. I was passing there yesterday and noticed in the window some paintings by Owen Traynor and a few others of local scenes by other artists. This is a photograph I took which shows a painting by Owen Traynor of the War Memorial, one by him of the cottages at the top of Higham Lane and one of St George's Church by an unknown artist.


2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Have often driven past this shop. Perhaps I'll stop & look in next time.

Werneth Low said...

I recommend this shop wholeheartedly. It's always on my 'must see' list when I'm visiting Hyde and I've bought one or two nice pieces since it opened. The couple who run it are really friendly and helpful. Go in, Marjorie, you'll love it.