HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Saturday, 21 November 2015

Holy Trinity Class Pictures 1960 - 1965


THIS WEEKS POST IS BY 

Alan Hackney
Alan sent this post in by email, he went on to say..........

I have recently sorted out some old photo's  and thought these would be of interest to a few people.


1960


1961


1962


1963


1964



1965
Alan has tried to name the 1965 group, but struggled, can anyone help

Back Row

Julie Ovens - ??? ??? - ??? ??? - Jill Mellor - ??? ??? - Sheila Ashworth ( Of Ashworths  Leather Goods factory, that was behind the Queen Adelaide in Gee Cross).


Boys Row
Andrew Cheetham - David Howard - Alan Hackney - Shaun McEwan - Terry Smith - Peter Oldham.
2rd Row From Front


Karen Watchem - Janet ??? - ??? ??? - Susan Lascowicz? - ??? ??? - Christine Gradwell? - Gaynor Waterhouse.
Front Row


Gillian Cheal (Cheal's Garage Gee Cross which is now Weir's Garage) - Christine Ovens - ??? ???.
My thanks to Alan for sending this in, if you would like to do a post one week please feel free to send something by email to hydonian@gmail.com 

2 comments:

Paddy said...

Started to view your website by accident searching my family tree. Some of the pupils in the Holy Trinity photos are ones that I went to school with in St Patricks, Oldham.
Im curious to know why pupils from Hyde attended a school in Oldham.
Their names will come to me.

Stevie said...

Similar to Paddy I came across the website by accident, my name is Steve Holmes,and I attended Holy Trinity from 1962~1965, we used to live on Abbots Way. Unfortunately time has taken its toll on my memory for my classmates during that period, so I cannot contribute to identifying anyone, not even sure if I am in any of the photo's, but great to see the old school photo's have survived the years, many thanks for publishing those, brings back great memories of living in Formby.