HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Wednesday 22 June 2011

Post Cards From Hyde

Jean has kindly shared these postcards all of which show parts of Hyde looking more like a rural village than the cotton town with many mills that it was at the time these were taken.. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Four Cross Roads, Werneth Low.  Dated July 1927
- . -
Photobucket

Photobucket

Joel Lane, Gee Cross Dated 23 July 1924
- . -
Photobucket

Photobucket

Werneth Low Dated 28th March 1927
- . -
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pudding Lane, Hyde Dated 25th July 1938
- . -
Thanks again to Jean for making this post possible.... feel free to share your post cards, pictures or memories with us. Also, if you find old North Cheshire Heralds, or Church Programs as we could certainly make some posts out of them.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Dave emailed this after viewing these post cards. Dave had this to say.
Good post today of the postcards showing Werneth Low. I've attached a photo I took in April of 'Four Cross Road', and apart from the cars and telephone box it doesn't look much different now.

4 comments:

Dave Williams said...

Great postcards Tom. I'm sending you a photo I took in April of the place shown as 'Four Cross Roads', and if you drove the cars away and removed the telephone box it wouldn't really look much different than it did then.

Tom said...

Cheers Dave .. I've added your picture and comment directly into the post and put the Four Lanes postcard next to your picture as a comparison..

Anonymous said...

I liked that comparison shot, Tom. Hope all goes well for you and your team.

Tom said...

Hi Abe..
Thank you for dropping by..... when I first started to do a blog of any kind I had no idea where it would lead me. You and your blogs, your writing and your pictures have always been an inspiration to me and I still drop by to see what you are up to now.