HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Thursday 15 September 2011

Union Street Congregational Church Foundation Stones

Nancy recently did a post on Union St Congregational Church which showed the laying of the foundation stones, Dave very kindly went out and took the pictures below to show how they look now. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Whilst doing this post I had a thought about these foundation stones and realised there must be many knocking about in Hyde. I thought it would be a good idea to collect pictures of any that are out there. I
f you know of any or have pictures of them , please let us know. 

2 comments:

Dave Williams said...

Like you I thought there'd be a lot of foundation stones around, but I've only got photos of two (the Town Hall and Library) which I'll send to you.

Hydonian said...

There are some at the Zion but they are freestanding as the original building has gone.. They are near the corner of Peel Street and Stockport Road. I think I may have some from Gee Cross Methodist Church somewhere .