Hyde Name Origins.

The name "HYDE" is derived from the hide, a measure of land for taxation purposes, taken to be that area of land necessary to support a peasant family. In later times it was taken to be equivalent to 120 acres .
March 2014
BLOG still being updated, please keep commenting as it all goes to making a good read and helps to build an archive.


Sunday, 31 July 2011

Leigh Street Infant School

This charming photo is a school photo from Leigh Street Infant School circa 1969/70. It was sent in to us by Mark Shaw ,who is on the back row , second from the right. Don't they look little angels !! The teachers are , if my memory serves me correctly , Miss French on the left and headmistress Mrs Woodley on the right !
I recognise quite a few of this class as I think I was in the year above (maybe two).
If you recognise anyone on this photo (maybe yourself) then please get in touch so we can add your name. When I have a list of names I shall update this post..


Photobucket

I can think I can recognise ,in no particular order, Anne Broadhead, Paul Williams, Roy Ward, Alan Saville, Robin Morgan, Shirley Williams? Tracey Catlow, Jean Oldham ,Loretta Lomax? Nigel Bridge ?  Luisa Shelenko , Elizabeth Parsons ... I'd love to know the rest of their names.

No comments: