HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Sunday 17 June 2012

James North Clock

Here are two photos of "Norths Clock" which now stands at the roundabout next to the Ring 'o' Bells public house. It used to be within the confines of James North Factory before its demolition to make way for a housing estate circa 1998.

nor111018
Where it used to stand.

newcamera005
Where it stands now.

jamesdrive-1
The plaque on James Drive.

  clock  

A map showing the location of the roundabout where James North Clock stands.  

Thanks to Dave for the first photo :)

2 comments:

Rune Eide said...

(Too) long time no see, which I feel is a shame on me. I see you are doing valuable work in digging up and preserving local history. Such history is soon forgotten unless people like you take on the job.
I hope all is well.

IAN STOTT said...

Hi there,
my father was the publican of the ring o bells and I was born at aspland maternity home on 18th february 1958,my dad used to tell me obout the foul stench that used to come from the norths factory,