This used to be the Moulders Arms Pub.
"The Moulders Arms was established shortly after the cotton famine in the 1860's.It probably owed it's name to Benjamin Goodfellow's Hyde Iron Works which was situated across the road, between Fernally Street and Lewis Street. The area is now Morrisons Supermarket. Another but less likely origin of the name comes from the many brickfields which were situated around the area. The brickfields were owned by the Shepley Family of Lumn Farm. The workers used to mould clay into bricks".
(Excerpt from The History of the Pubs of Hyde and District by Paul Taylor)
Thanks Paul :)
The Olde Town House.
This was the general location of Benjamin Goodfellow's Iron Works.
We haven't yet managed to find a photo of the exterior of when it was the Moulders Arms but we are still looking ! If anyone reading this has one, please send it to us so we can put it on and complete the post.
Thank you :)
A super Shot of the Moulders Arms .
Thanks Paul, much appreciated ! :D