This time it's a view of Whit Walks of St Stephens Church Lads Brigade, turning right from Carter into Dow Street in 1953. The "Prefabs" can be seen in the background.
St Stephens Whit Walks 1953
Comparative view 2011
Tony wrote this...
"The double deck houses were known (locally at least) as the "steel houses". The "prefabs" came in kits, as name implies, and were single deck and those on Dow and Carter Streets were built in 1947.