The Junction Inn was situated at 150 Ashton Road in Newton.
It was opened in 1857 and was named after the new rail link at Hyde Junction which was run from the main Manchester to Sheffield route .
At the rear of the Junction there used to be a small factory making hats and many of the workers would call in for much needed refreshments.
After much detective work by many people it appears that the postcard is of The Junction Inn which stood on the corner of New Mills Road and Chapel Road, Hayfield and NOT the one on Ashton Road as stated on the back. It was demolished about 1934/5.
This piece of information comes from David Stafford.
Many Thanks, David :)