HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Friday 11 October 2013

S.S.A.F.A. 1940s Day

For today's post we have the pleasure of promoting the following event , I hope it goes really well and gets lots of local support. I'll do my best to be there and get some pictures of the event.

S.S.A.F.A.
Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, And Families Association

1940s Day in aid of SSAFA.
OCTOBER 20th at Hyde Football Ground


After the success of our Car Show and 1940s day at Hyde Football Ground in October last year. It has been decided that we will repeat this fund raising day.

Please support this worthwhile cause all money raised goes to SSAFA


TO ALL CLASSIC VINTAGE CAR CLUBS
WE NEED YOU SUPPORT

Costume’s Optional, Prizes for Best Male & Best Female Costume.

Trophy’s for Cars & Bikes

Entrance Fee £3 all proceeds will go to SSAFA.

Open to the public from 11am 
(come along in 1940s costume, optional)

We provide whatever support is needed for the Forces family

We provide lifelong support to anyone who is currently serving or has ever served in the Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force. We are here for you and your family, whenever and wherever you need us. We will always treat you with dignity and respect.


Run by Volunteers

Contact Mike Radcliffe on 07506463621 or email mikecr1894@sky.com
Contact Christina on 07854179171 or email christina20@btinternet.com 


OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FROM 11AM TILL 4PM

3 comments:

Chris Han said...

Just by chance the other day I saw a flyer for this event in a charity shop window.

I love classic vehicle events, and will definitely attend with my young daughter.

Did anyone catch the classic car display a few weeks ago in the market square, a real treat to see.

I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't snap any pictures.

Dave Williams said...

Gerald England took some photographs for his Hyde Daily Photo blog. There are four photographs, starting at 22 Sept. I'll hopefully be there next Sunday to take some photos.

Chris Han said...

@ Dave Williams

Ta, for the link.