HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Saturday 3 December 2011

Views around the 'Gib'

We have Nick Folwell to thank for these pictures... he was inspired to send them in after seeing some of the pictures Dave as shown on Gibraltar. 

Photobucket

Gatepost to what was the 'Big House'

Photobucket

Remnants of one the Air Raid Shelters 

Photobucket

A great view of the weir from the Haughton side

Great picture Nick... all of which bought happy memories from my childhood flooding back... keep your picture coming in everybody, it's always a pleasure showing them here.

2 comments:

Tom said...

I've been trying to think of how many air raid shelters were down there... I can think of 3... but I'm almost sure there was four... would be interested to know if there was more.

Werneth Low said...

Thanks for these photos. Hard to believe but I've never been down there beyond the old railway line. It looks very interesting and tomorrow I'm visiting Haughton Green so I plan to explore the Gib at the same time.