HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Wednesday 11 April 2012

Oaklands Revisited

 A great addition to the Oaklands memories from John who used to live there!
Thanks so much, John :)



From John  " I lived there from 1960 to 1966 with my parents who ran the Masonic Lodge. Have some wonderful memories. Never saw "Flora" though.

Here a pic of me circa '60. Plus some others of the staff and a nice one taken at the rear of the hall. Plus the lodge room set up for a feast which my dear old mum worked so very hard to create."


I think there are more memories which I'll add tomorrow when I find out where Tom has put them :) !

TherearviewofOaklands
The Rear View of Oaklands

ThekitchenstaffOaklands62
The Kitchen Staff at Oaklands
Oaklandsmaindoorrules2
The Masons Rule book and insignia over the door frame

OaklandsLodgeroomsetforsupper
The Lodge Room set for supper by John's hardworking mother.

Johnage14in1960outsideFawltyT_
John aged 14. Outside "Fawlty Towers" 1960

2 comments:

Hydonian said...

Sorry about my filing Nancy... ha! I think the bit you were looking could be what I've added..
Thank you John.... some nice pictures here.

Trish said...

I have fond memories of Oaklands, we had our wedding reception there in 1966, great place to have your wedding reception, lovely food, wonderful atmosphere, the staff made us very welcome. We returned in 1969 for my mum and dads Silver Wedding do.