The Brunswick or "Brunnie" as it was more commonly known stood on George Street and was established in 1843 by John Wood. In 1891 the Brunswick was described as a fair House with beds for five people and was owned by Annie Wilkinson. The Brunswick had a large concert room at the back and this was used as a music hall for many years in the 1930's- 1940's. The room was later used by many organisations including budding pop groups and weightlifters amongst others.
Next door to The Brunswick is Allotts Removals firm. A familiar site in Hyde for many, many years. Does anyone know if they are still operating?
(Number 22 is the site of the Brunswick)
Thanks to Paul Taylor for the information and Nick Clarke for the photograph.
Much appreciated :)