The Mitre Public House was a relatively short lived beerhouse which opened around 1880 and closed down in 1911. It was situated on the corner of Crook Street and Reynold Street' opposite the old Bricklayers Arms. The first Landlord was Thomas Kershaw and the last was Herbert Knowles.
The Mitre premises in the 1980's
Many thanks to Paul Taylor for the photo and information. :)