HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Sunday 12 December 2010

A.B.C. Magazine Christmas 1920

 This is the front cover of the 1920 Christmas Magazine from Ashton Brothers.
The following picture is a copy of the first page and accompanying photo of Lord Ashton of Hyde.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The magazine is full of quotes,stories and activities about Christmas. I will be posting some in the coming days.

Thanks to John Hopwood for the loan and subsequent publication of this magazine.

3 comments:

Tom said...

I will look forward to seeing these Nancy... I have always thought Hyde as a town owes so much to the Ashton family... and John.. cheers mate you are a star..
I was out big on ebay a few weeks back for a WW1 Christmas card with pictures, sent to the front from Ashton Brothers .

harry said...

When I worked at Ashton bros. one of the bosses was a guy called Omerod, I often wonder what happened to him as we had a few disputes with him occasionaly (very) successful.

Tom said...

Hi Harry...
I think I went to school with this chap... I think he was called Neil... he also had an older brother... he was very quiet at school... I remember his Dad as well.. a proper nice chap who always had time to stop and say hello.. nice family.