(Taken from http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-212480-band-stand-hyde
- with thanks.)
"The bandstand was officially opened in May 1922 and is now Grade II listed on the national “List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest”.
The bandstand was originally surrounded by moveable glass partitions and played host to bands such as the Household Cavalry, Black Watch and local colliery bands. During the 1930’s the bandstand hosted two concerts every Sunday. It is now used on special events during the summer months.
(Thanks to Tameside Local History Forum)
Thanks to Jack Morris for the most recent photograph - Much appreciated!