The Cheshire Lines side of Godley Junction Station with the island platform in the foreground and the assembled staff on the CLC side if the V-shaped station buildings. On the extreme right are vans in the sidings on the up-side of the main line, behind which is the tall Signal Shop building completed in 1875.The station name board reads – ‘’GODLEY – JUNCTION FOR GREAT CENTRAL & GREAT NORTHERN RAILWAYS AND OTHER LINES BEYOND’’
CLC Sidings at Godley
GCR Loco No. 161 – one of 12 Class 12A engines built by the MSLR in 8/1885 – this one was originally No.541 and was renumbered 161 in October 1893, being scrapped in May 1915.Many Thanks to Joe and David.
Much appreciated .