HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Sunday 20 November 2011

Hyde Scout Week 1960

Below are a few pages from a 44 page booklet produced for the "Hyde Scout Week" held in April 1960. There are two forewards, one by Charles McClean who was the Chief Scout of all England and the other by Alan Jolly who was the Mayor of Hyde at the time. Items covered include the annual "Bob-a-Job" week, Wolf Cub pack, Scout group packs, Queens scouting and many more.


Photobucket

Front Cover of booklet.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




Photobucket

3 comments:

Tom said...

Excellent post Paul... I was never in the scouts but I recall a few of my friends went.
I was looking through some old school photographs with my mother many years ago now.. and I noticed I had a scouts jumper on, complete with badges. I said to my mum I was never in the scouts.. she laughed and said " No Tom you weren't, but Eddie Piper from Farm Lane was and his mother used to pass his old clothes on to you."

Anonymous said...

I was in the 3rd Newton in the 50s, Mr Hamapson was the Scoutmaster and I see nhim in the 3rd Newton photo on the left, next to the bloke withe the flag, he has a moustache. In the first photo I recognise Geoff Tinsley. Great days.

Anonymous said...

Oops, banana fingers, that was Mr HAMPSON. He lived on Talbot Rd, Newton in the house next to Myalls Cake shop, 2 doors up from my Grandads Chippy.