Here is a postcard sent to us by Elsie D.
It shows where Market Street meets Stockport Road. The Ring 'o' Bells pub is on the left and the old Zion chapel in the mist on the middle right.
Four out of the Five shops shown are still with us in some shape or form !
Note the distinct lack of vehicles on the road !!
Postcard view circa 1910
The view as it looks today, courtesy of Google maps..
Many thanks, Elsie
Much appreciated. :)