A recent picture courtesy of Google maps.
A nice sketch from the other direction.
The Hare and Hounds pub on Werneth Low is the oldest licensed premises in the district. Records show that there was an inn here in 1794. It was once a farmhouse situated on the old Roman Road from Melandra, near Glossop, to Stockport. Between 1838 and 1850 horse racing was practised here. Walter Mansfield managed the inn from 1929 to 1983. When he took residence it was derelict; no water, electricity, or sanitation. Later Walter installed his own generator. His motto was "less talking, more drinking". During the 1960's and 1970's the hunt used to gather here on Boxing Day!