HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Saturday 30 March 2013

Harry Rutherford

Last week Beryl and I went to Tameside's Central Art Gallery in Ashton to see the Harry Rutherford Exhibition which runs from 28 February to 8 June 2013 (though why it's in Ashton and not Hyde I don't know).


One of the paintings there, from a private collection, is of the old Bricklayers Arms on Reynold Street in Hyde.
As you may be able to make out from the name-tag on the bottom left, however, it's shown as being in Ashton. The young lady curator told me that a couple of people had already pointed out the error, so it may well by now have been corrected.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of the Bricklayers, Dave !
Has the Rutherford Gallery in Hyde Library shut down now then ?

Susan Jaleel said...

It has. When I was last in Hyde in November, I had it on my list to visit but, alas, there it was - gone!

Dave Williams said...

The Rutherford Gallery, like a lot of Hyde's historical artifacts, is now in Ashton, at the Central Art Gallery on Old Street.