Image © Barclays Ref 30/1399 Courtesy Martins Bank Archive.
Martins Bank Hyde Branch which was situated on Market Street.
- First in the north of England with a cash machine in 1967
- First with mobile banks to provide banking to remote areas
- First with a drive-through bank in Leicester in 1959 and Epsom in 1966
- First and only English bank to have a head office outside London
- First to recognise and embrace the swinging 60s in its advertising
- First to experiment with and then use a computer to operate current-account business
- First with a branch on the centre court at Wimbledon
Thanks to Wikipedia
Barclays Bank as it is today.
Thanks to Google maps.