This photo shows Hyde Park gates taken from Park Road ,probably before it existed in the form we know it today. It looks like the park was still under construction as the lodge has no roof on it. Hyde Park Opened on May 21st 1904.
In Thomas Middleton's History Of Hyde it states:
In 1898, the Misses Ashton, of Little Onn Hall, Staffordshire, presented the Newton estate to the town, and this is shortly to be converted into a Public Park.