HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Tuesday 19 February 2013

Walls delivery van

 
The following post includes a couple of rather charming photos of a Walls delivery van !
They were sent to us by Ken Charles ! 
 
Over to Ken....
 
"I had some  great memories at Walls .
We had to phone orders in every day for next day delivery  by 1pm or we would not get a delivery.
I must say the company was very professional in its business in those days you would get approached by other companies to go and work for them as  all Walls staff were thought a lot of by other companies".


 photo 1313db30-e133-4ada-ba47-d2856f77a2d5.jpg

 photo ad555569-baf5-45e5-9d02-a1890c1dc75a.jpg

I bet I wasn't the only kid to do the "W" sign to Walls van drivers when they drove past in the street. I was always chuffed when they did it back ! :D

Many Thanks Ken !
Much appreciated!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Hi Ken, Love these photos of the Walls Van, I worked at Walls on the evening shift from 1973-1977 and then again for a year in 1982