The old and original Hyde Chapel building.
The new and present building
Postcard of the Rev. Henry Enfield Dowson, B.A., 1867-1925.
He became the Minister of Hyde Chapel in 1867 and served them for 51 years !
The name "HYDE" is derived from the hide, a measure of land for taxation purposes, taken to be that area of land necessary to support a peasant family. In later times it was taken to be equivalent to 120 acres .
BLOG still being updated, please keep commenting as it all goes to making a good read and helps to build an archive.