HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Saturday 21 January 2012

The Stage Builders ( Zions)

This is the team who helped to build a stage at Zion's in the 1950s, picture supplied by Fred Booth.. far right.

Photobucket

Albert Clithero with Fred Booth

Photobucket

Walter Beaumont

Photobucket

I wonder if there's anyone reading this that might know any of the others who are not named.. and maybe a picture of the stage from that time would be a nice addition to this post.

UPDATE
Here is a photo from one of the many pantomimes at the Zion circa 1950's
Any help on when and what the production was would be welcomed :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

Werneth Low said...

I'm almost certain that the boy on the left at the front in dark jacket is John Barlow, who lived next door but one to me in Kensington Street.

Tom said...

Thank you for the update Nancy...

Dave Williams said...

I don't know a great deal about pantomimes, but I'd say the one in the centre at the front is 'Buttons', so that would make it 'Cinderella'.

downsie21 said...

Back row centre of stage buildersI feel certain is Wilfred Clark, he was great at thinking up a building games for young and old at Christmas parties at friends and families.

Anonymous said...

I think thats my mum on the back row second from the left ; Maureen Barlow - her aunties and uncles had a lot to do with the Zion they were Alex and Lillian Matley and Herman and Rachel Ogden, Rachel is still alive and is 106!

Nicola said...

I think thats my mum on the back row - Maureen Barlow